The new Idemia Morphosmart MSO1350 E3 and V3 Fingerprint and Smart Card Readers
- All-in-one solution: superior performance Enrolment, Verification and Identification
- FIPS 201 and MINEX compliant Feature Extractor & Matcher onboard
- FBI PIV IQS certification and fake finger detection available
- Extensive security features, including encryption and digital signature
- Smartcard reader variant for Match-on-Card applications
The Morphosmart MSO 1350 Series is a range of biometric and smart card USB devices. They use IDEMIA’s patented optical technology and fingerprint algorithms, both acknowledged worldwide for their high levels of performance and their exceptional robustness. IDEMIA fingerprint technology is ranked #1 by NIST for accuracy.
The MSO 1350 Series offers a reliable, ergonomic and cost-effective solution for enrolment, identity verification and user identification. Their match-on-device or match-on-card functions guarantee the faultless protection of information and the security of desktop applications.
Why optical technology?
We selected optical technology for our sensors as it has significantly more operational and accuracy advantages compared with other technologies.
High quality fingerprint acquisition
Optical technology offers superior image quality
- High performance sensor: 500 dpi, 256 grey levels
- Available output formats include RAW, ISO 19794-4 or WSQ- compressed (under license) images
Lessons learnt from real world deployments put into practice
- Mechanical/visual guides ensure intuitive finger placement
- Interfaces display key information to help users: live image, messages (position, pressure etc.) and fingerprint quality score
Large acquisition surface for optimised capture and repeatable placement
MSO 1350 Series capture surface (14x22mm) ensures that the richest area on fingerprints is systematically captured time after time. Acquisition surface contributes significantly to the overall biometric performance:
- It determines the amount of minutiae data that can be captured
- Other, smaller sensors, allow different areas of the same finger to be presented with each placement, leading to poor data acquisition, narrow areas of overlap and matching errors
More than sensors, intelligent devices
While most sensors on the market are only capable of producing fingerprint images, the MSO 1350 Series devices are also capable of processing them internally, running powerful algorithms directly on their embedded processor.
1 Image Compression using WSQ algorithm from FBI/NIST
2 Biometric Feature Extraction to generate templates
- Feature Extractor is MINEX/FIPS 201 compliant
- Proprietary, ISO 19794-2 or ANSI 378 template formats available
- Templates can be stored in the internal database
3 Biometric Matching
- Matcher is MINEX/FIPS 201 compliant
- 1:1 authentication or 1:N identification
- High accuracy: the False Acceptance Rate (FAR) is configurable down to 10-8 (depending on the security requirements) and maintained regardless of number of users in database
- Fast matching (refer to the table entitled “2 designs, 4 variants”)
- Match-on-Card is available on MSO 1350 V3 / MSO 1350 E3
4 Capability of addressing juvenile fingers
5 An anti-latency feature detects fingerprint traces reactivated under certain lighting conditions
Embedded security features
When sensitive data (image or template) needs to be shared with a Host System, the MSO 1350 Series devices are capable of securing them before dispatching.
1 Multiple security principles available:
- Symmetric and asymmetric keys, Key derivation,
- Hashing algorithm,
- Random number generator,etc.
2 Image and Template Encryption for the sake of confidentiality
3 Template Signature (X9.84 standard) to guarantee the origin and the integrity of the data sent to the Host System
4 The communication channel between device and Host/Distant System can be protected using either Secure Tunnelling or Offered Security mode
MSO 1350 E3 and V3: best in series, best in class
||Enhanced image quality
These precision designed, top of the range devices produce a fingerprint image that is certified PIV IQS by the FBI.
The reference standard in terms of single fingerprint image quality (equivalent to ISO 19794-4:2011 Annexure B) was defined to ensure in particular interoperability between multiple solutions.
||Fake finger detection
The MSO 1350 E3 detects a large panel of counterfeit fingerprints, including but not limited to those made with latex, Plasticine, Kapton, transparent film, rubber, Play-Doh, graphite or paper.
Deployment of light and reliable solutions for national ID card, population registration or customer acquisition
Logical access control
- Banking and finance: secure and swift access to core banking applications or trading stations in dealing rooms
- Enterprise: biometric PC login and Single- Sign-On solutions (no more passwords)
- Healthcare: access to medical records restricted to authorised staff
Easy and secure payment
- Fast, convenient, cashless payment at checkouts in stores, supermarkets or cafeterias
- E-commerce secure payment
- Check cashing services, pension/benefit payments after ID verification or identification
The MSO SDK enables a rapid integration and the use of device-embedded capabilities.
- Available for Windows,Linux and Android platforms
- Includes a BioAPI interface
Low level protocol (ILV) is also available
The MSO 1350 Series can be used with MorphoKitTM by IDEMIA, advanced SDK for the capture and processing of fingerprint images, authentication and identification
2 Designs, 4 Variants
The MSO1300 series comes in two designs, the MSO1300 fingerprint only reader and the MSO1350 fingerprint and smart card reader series.
Please email us or use the enquiry form to contact us for further information on the MSO1350 fingerprint and smart card reader range of products.